- Gabriella Daris 10. Jun - 10. AugY O K O O N L Y
- Richard Saltoun 20. May - 28. JunHelen Chadwick: Works From The Estate
- Whitechapel Gallery 16. Apr - 14. JunKarl Blossfeldt
- APT 2. May - 30. JunCreekside Open 2013
- Standpoint Gallery 15. May - 29. JunMark Tanner award exhibition
- Whitechapel Gallery 16. Apr - 14. JunGert & Uwe Tobias
- GV ART 7. Mar - 31. AugThe Portrait Anatomised
ArtSelector: Issue 10 - The Collection
With a verbal intonation of value, The Collection, could be a series of priceless artworks by a certain protagonist, studiously gathered by a museum or private collector. The Collection may retrospectively bind artists together within a historical movement, style or medium. Under such conditions of display or archiving, The Collection is a curated arrangement of objects or artefacts, collated and categorised under a certain thematic framework. But The Collection might also have been once a work of passion, laboured over by a dedicated enthusiast, that refuses such coherence. Read More >
These different inflections of The Collection as the partisan editor of meaning are explored by Emily Beber in her prose piece, 'The Collection'.
James Holliday reflects on 'Aspen', the ten edition magasine, as a collection of artworks after visiting The Whitechapel Gallery.
In 'Ode to a Goat', Jessie Bond unpicks the history of a seemingly unlikely collectors item at the V&A.
And Liza Premiyak considers 'The Poem as Painting Collection' through her reading of Derek Walcott's extended poem Tiepolo's Hound.
Our 10th Selected Artist is Dai Roberts, a London based artist working predominantly in sculpture and drawing to produce an interlocking series of works.